Sunday, June 15, 2008

My dream job

For two years I had the best job in the world. Too bad I didn't realize what a wonderful job it was until it had already past and I had moved on to a new one. I made my own hours (sort of). I was my own boss. There was time for a great breakfast full of waffles, yummy cereal and pop tarts. Lunch was never rushed and was always warm. And my lunch buddies had the best stories. I was a stay at home mom!

So why did I quit? I thought I was doing something great. I didn't want my kids to think that a mother is only good for staying at home and cleaning. I wanted my children to know there was something better out there for them. I had no idea the best lessons I could ever teach them were right in my own home.

I spent too long searching for something I thought I wanted. Only to find what I really wanted was right in front of me the whole time. Now more than ever all I want to be is just a mom. I don't need a fancy title behind my name. I just want to be mom.

I'm not saying that working outside the home is bad or wrong. Just wrong for me. All I can do at this point is make the best of the situation. Be there every step of the way that I can. And pray for Scott to get a better job so that I can go back to my dream job.

No comments: